It is our commitment to carry every style and every size from every major manufacturer to best serve everyone. However, we realize that this can make it daunting to find the right product. By following the steps below, we can get you on the right path!
- The first thing to do is identify the best starting category on our website:
Do you suffer from a foot condition? If so, you'll want to start in our Pain Relief category, then select the specific category that deals with your foot condition. For instance, if you suffer from plantar fasciitis, you'll want to select our Plantar Fasciitis Insoles category. The insoles in each category are designed to help treat and prevent that specific foot condition/pain problem, so you know that what you purchase is going to work for your needs!
If you do not suffer from a foot condition, first begin by identifying what you are going to be using the insoles for primarily, then select the best matching category from our Insoles by Activity page. For instance, if you are looking for insoles because you're on your feet all day, you'd want to select our Insoles for Standing page. Runners/walkers looking for insoles for their running/walking shoes would want to select our Insoles for Walking/Running page.
Looking for specialty insoles? High-arch orthotics? Insoles for flat feet? You can find links to these categories and more from our Home Page under the Orthotic Arch Supports and Specialty Insoles categories.
For a list of common purchase reasons and a link to the best starting category, click here.
- Once you're in your starting category, it's time to narrow your selection down to your specific arch type. Every person has one of three arch types: neutral/medium arches, low arches/flat feet, or high arches. If you do not know your arch type, there's an easy way to determine it: see our instructional video here.
Once you know your arch type, select that option from the "Shop by" bar on the left-hand side of your category page. This will ensure that you are only browsing products that are suitable for your need and which match your foot arch type. Wearing an insole that is not compatible with your foot arch type could be painful!
- Next, it's time to determine what insole footbed type you want. There are four different footbed types: rigid arch support, semi-rigid arch support, cushioned arch support, and flat cushion/no arch support. Determining the footbed type that is best for you is a combination of personal preference and need:
1) A rigid arch support will provide your foot with the firmest arch support, but the arch of the insole will not have any flex to it. This is best for those who have worn an arch support before and are seeking a higher level of support than they have had previously.
2) A semi-rigid arch support will provide your foot with firm arch support, but the arch of the insole will flex slightly. This is the most popular level of arch support, as it provides good support for the arch of the foot while also allowing slight flexibility. If you have never worn an arch support before, we recommend that you start with a semi-rigid orthotic arch support first to see how you like it.
3) A cushioned arch support will provide your foot with gentle arch support, but the arch of the insole is completely flexible. This is good for those who are seeking only cushioned support, such as those who stand for the majority of their day but do not suffer from a foot condition. If you have a foot condition that requires arch support for treatment/prevention, you should consider a semi-rigid or rigid arch support.
4) A flat cushioned insole offers no arch support at all. These are used primarily to either replace a worn-out shoe sock liner, or to provide additional cushion to footwear without providing foot support.
Once you have identified the footbed type that you need and prefer, simply select that footbed type from the "Shop by" bar on the left-hand side of your category page. You should now only be viewing products that are suitable for your need, foot arch type, and preferred footbed type.
- At this point, we encourage you to use the remaining options in the "Shop by" bar to narrow your options even further. You can shop a specific brand, select the type of footwear your insoles will be used in, select an insole material preference, and more. The more attributes you are able to specify, the closer you'll be to finding the perfect insole for you!
- We make our best effort to rank the most well-suited items towards the top of each page. Once you've narrowed your selection down, take a look at the top-ranked product results to see more information about those specific products!
If you need help along the way, our customer support team is never far away! Click here to submit a request for help!